Notice of the People's Government of Siping City on Strengthening the Management and Control of Open Burning of Crop Straws
In order to effectively complete the management and control of straw incineration and effectively prevent the impact of open burning of straw on the ambient air quality, according to the Law of the People's Republic of China on Environmental Protection, the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Prevention and Control of Atmospheric Pollution, and the Regulations of Jilin Province on the Prevention and Control of Atmospheric Pollution According to the regulations, the Siping Municipal Government decided to implement strict control over the open burning of crop straws in the entire city. The relevant matters are notified as follows:
1. Any unit and individual within the administrative area of the city must abide by this notice.
2. In the straw burning prohibited area, no unit or individual is allowed to burn straw in the open air.
3. In the straw-burning restricted area, the people's governments of counties (cities) and districts should organize township and town people's governments and sub-district offices to carry out orderly burning restrictions in administrative villages.
4. When the Siping Municipal Government issues a warning of severely polluted weather and windy weather occurs, the people's governments of counties (cities) and districts shall immediately stop the open-burning straw straw ban and prohibit the burning of straw.
V. Violation of relevant regulations and open burning of crop straws will be punished by relevant departments in accordance with the "People's Republic of China Air Pollution Control Law" and "Jilin Province Air Pollution Control Regulations".
6. Those who hinder law enforcement officials from performing their official duties in accordance with the law will be punished by the public security organs in accordance with the Law of the People's Republic of China on Public Security Administration Punishment; if a crime is constituted, criminal responsibility shall be investigated according to law.
7. This circular shall be implemented by the Municipal Ecological Environment Bureau in conjunction with the Municipal Agriculture and Rural Bureau, the Municipal Public Security Bureau, the Municipal Forestry Bureau, the Municipal Meteorological Bureau and the people's governments of counties (cities) and districts.
This notice shall come into effect as of the date of issuance.
People's Government of Siping City
October 11, 2019